Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much does a pregnancy test cost?
All of our services and materials are completely free of charge.
2. Do I need to make an appointment?
Ideally, an appointment is helpful in order to give adequate time and attention to each person, but we do take walk-ins.
3. Can you help someone who speaks only Spanish?
Yes, and we have parenting classes, informational booklets, and Bibles in Spanish.
4. Do you refer for abortion?
No, however we do have information available on the different kinds of procedures. We also appreciate the opportunity to share facts and photos, showing the progression and development of the child. We are a pro-life, faith-based organization and we offer to help with basic material needs (from pregnancy to age 5), and emotional support.
5. Can you help with bills or gas money?
No, but we have a list of resources available.
6. I’d like to volunteer. What are some ways I can help?
Periodically we have volunteer orientation and training. Opportunities include working in the boutique, helping with fundraisers and events, assisting with office duties, and working with clients directly. See our "Volunteers" page.
7. What kinds of material donations are most needed?
We gladly accept clean and gently used baby equipment, clothing from newborn up to 5T, diapers and wipes, bottles and sippy cups, formula and baby food, maternity clothes, baby bath and hygiene products, toys and books… basically, anything for moms, babies, and children.
8. Can I do community service there?
Yes, after an approved background check.
9. What classes do you offer?
Our classes include infant and toddler parenting, childbirth, breast-feeding, budgeting and more. Our parenting classes are accepted when required by CPS.
10. How long does a typical client visit take?
About 30 minutes.